The interest of the modern Civilized world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative therapy is rising and becoming popular due to the holistic approach, emphasis on standard of living and protection against illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immunity mechanism.
Creating a strong defense mechanisms is crucial for your body to recognize and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is actually a disease as a result of uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from the parts of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the numerous preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it really is called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Oil meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi meaning “herb in the spirit”. It had been an extremely rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time and Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and longevity. More than 2000 years Reishi mushroom has become probably the most cherished and sought after medicinal herb in Asia and rated among the superior herbs within the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance towards the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long term consumption without unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance of the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was fashionable as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has revealed that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential as being a dietary supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms such as He Shou Wu Extract and Cordyceps have well been documented in lots of recent research studies to become potent medicine to boost and support the body’s immune function from certain compounds within them such as polysaccharides which raise the activity from the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which can be vital to remove foreign cells(such as cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published in the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 demonstrated that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as being a nutritional supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Advantages of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own defense mechanisms by promoting the activity of antibodies
* improves the body’s potential to deal with stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a normal, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Suggestions to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the best extract and it has most scientific evaluations
* choose those with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and better absorbed by body
* solid wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* search for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the steadiness of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the effectiveness of Reishi Spore Oil Softgel is based on its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, such as extracts, dietary supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.